Eight years after the 2000 election debacle, Florida voters have another chance to make history. By one count, as few as 193 Florida votes decided the 2000 election according to CNN!

Obama can win Florida with our help - Let's take back the vote!

Latest polls, Get out the Vote

Latest Polls in Florida - show shifts toward McCain. CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corp. (1 pt.) and Quinnipiac (3 pt.). Obama leads by about 2 pts.

Get out the vote. Choose a battleground state to call. The call list includes the voter's polling location.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

37 days - If I could only say Ahmadinejad.

One of the great things about the Palin candidacy is that it’s given all of us an opportunity to consider our own readiness for high office. I had started to think I might be able to do it – after all, everyone who knows me agrees that I’m a quick study and I’ve had a passport for over 25 years. So, why not? But then I considered my fatal flaw – I can’t pronounce Ahmadinejad.

Leave it to the BBC to come to the rescue with a note on how to pronounce it. "Today's pronunciation is Iranian President Mahmoud AHMADINEJAD (sometimes also spelt AHMADINEZHAD). Our recommendation is mah-MOOD ah-mad-in-uh-ZHAAD (-h is pronounced in 'Mahmoud' and in 'Ahmadinejad') based on the advice of the BBC Persian Monitoring team."

Maybe there’s hope for me yet.

My case for proper pronunciation is well documented here by Saturday Night Live.

Getting serious about pronunciation, let's get back to McCain. He did a great job with the Iranian president’s name at Friday’s debate after anointing himself with the heritage of the Kennedys, Eisenhower and Reagan. And then there were the veterans, a group McCain said would be one of the few to receive funding under his administration. So I thought I'd look at McCain's voting record on Veterans.

The vets speak for themselves. In response to the debate, a vet documented McCain’s record on Vet Voice.

The following video has only 212 views on YouTube. Pass it on.

No comments: